Functions: Support Management
Compensation: Hourly, incentives
Location: Elk River
Take your career and passion to new heights,
become a Supervisor in a Chuck and Don's store.
Supervisor, Retail (Elk River, Minnesota)
The Supervisor works under the direction of the Assistant Manager or the Store Manager. This position supervises shifts, enforces company policies, procedures and standards while coordinating activities for Team Members in a Chuck and Don's location. Conducts sales and customer support, addresses complaints and resolves problems, supervises 1 to 3 personnel per shift, Operates a Point of Sale system to research merchandise and itemize the customer's total purchases. Sell pet supplies, equipment, food and remedies by performing the following duties.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years of related supervisory experience. Pet/animal interest or background is essential.
The Preferred Candidate Will Possess The Following:
- High level of flexibility and experience in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding customer service skills and experience with problem resolution to restore and promote good public relations. Greet and assist customers by describing merchandise and explain the appropriate use, operation and care of the product.
- Assist with training Team Members in store standards, policies, procedures and job responsibilities
- Open/close the establishment - high level procedures
- Provide input for Team Members performance evaluations
- Complete weekly documentation book, per company standards
- Receive and check in shipment per managers direction
- Understand and complete reconciliation sheets at the end of each shift
- Complete vouchers according to daily needs
- Use of sound judgment and discretion when dealing with HR issues maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow-through to effectively manage work flow
- High level of organization skills with acute attention to detail
- Support company and individual store goals and objectives
- Exhibit leadership qualities to assist the Store Manager in maintaining a cohesive team.
- Ability to work effectively both in oral and written communication
- Exceptional listening and good interpersonal skills
- Professionalism and high level of work ethics are essential
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and able to adapt to other computer or internet applications as required.
- Positive attitude, self motivation and fun sense of humor are essential.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and move up to 50 lbs. on a consistent and frequent basis, up to 2,000 lbs. of product during a scheduled shift.
- Must be flexible and be able to work days, nights and weekend shifts.
- Other responsibilities and duties may be assigned. May be trained on Assistant Manager duties/responsibilities over time.
Chuck and Don's Pet Food Outlet is a chain of twenty stores in Minnesota and Colorado. We are looking for a Supervisor to join our Elk River team.
Our store hours vary by location. Visit our website www.chuckanddons.com for Minnesota store locations and miscellaneous information, and to see all the pet products we carry.
We've been keeping pets happy since 1990!
Local candidates only, Minneapolis/ St. Paul and surrounding areas.
Candidates must complete the following process to be considered for the Supervisor position:
* Submit your cover letter and resume
* Complete a phone screen through this site
Thank you for considering employment opportunities with Chuck and Don's Pet Food Outlet