Functions: Team Member
Compensation: Hourly, incentives
Location: Wayzata, Minnesota
Team Member, Retail (Wayzata, Minnesota)
The Team Member is under direct supervision and receives direction daily from the Supervisor, Assistant Manager and/or Store Manager. Team Members must follow and comply with all company policies, procedures and standards. Sells pet supplies, equipment, food, remedies and operates a Point of Sale system to itemize the customer's total purchase by performing the following duties.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training. Pet/animal interest or background is a plus.
The Preferred Candidate Will Possess The Following:
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Greet and assist customers with outstanding customer service skills by describing merchandise and explain the appropriate use, operation and care of the product.
- Utilize and consistently increase product knowledge to satisfactorily answer customer questions
- Exceptional listening and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with oral communication
- Clean cage, feed and provide water for foster cat(s) daily
- Use the inventory look up function to identify unmarked product, on hand quantities, min/max levels and discontinued dates
- Use a scanner to record product being purchased and total purchases on P.O.S. system
- Weigh items, calculate appropriate cost and bag merchandise
- Collect cash, check, credit card, traveler's checks or gift card payment from customer and count back accurate change for cash transactions
- Stock merchandise once product has been checked in properly
- Retrieve live insects and frozen rodents for customers. Clean cricket cage
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Assist in meeting store maintenance guidelines including facing/straightening, cleanliness, shelf labeling and expired product audits
- Fill out RTV (Return to Vendor) forms as needed
- Use the internal time keeping system. Be able to log in and out on time and according to the policy and set procedure.
- Support company and individual store goals and objectives
- Professionalism and high level of work ethics are essential
- Positive attitude, self motivation and fun sense of humor are essential.
*Must be able to push, pull, lift, and move up to 50 lbs. on a consistent and frequent basis, up to 2,000 lbs. of product during a scheduled shift.
- Must be flexible and be able to work days, nights and weekend shifts.
Chuck and Don's Pet Food Outlet is a chain of twenty stores in Minnesota and Colorado. Chuck and Don's are looking for a Team Member to add to join our Wayzata team.
Our store hours vary by location. Visit our website www.chuckanddons.com for Minnesota and Colorado store locations and miscellaneous information, and to see all the pet products we carry.
We've been keeping pets happy since 1990!
Local candidates only, Minneapolis/ St. Paul and surrounding areas.
Candidates must complete the following process to be considered for the Team Member position:
* Submit your cover letter and resume
* Complete a phone screen through this site
Thank you for considering employment opportunities with Chuck and Don's Pet Food Outlet