Functions: Support Management
Compensation: Hourly, benefits, incentives Location: Elk River, MN
Take your career and passion to new heights, become an Assistant Manager in a Chuck and Don's store.
Assistant Manager, Retail (Elk River, Minnesota)
The Assistant Manager works under the direction of the Store Manager. This position assists the Store Manager in overseeing the store operations of a Chuck and Don's location in accordance with company policies and applicable procedures through the following: Conducts sales and customer support, addresses complaints and resolves problems, supervises 1 to 6 personnel per shift, trains new staff members, operates the Point of Sale system, monitors inventory and store expenses and ensures compliance of company security measures, policies, procedures and standards are met. In addition, the Assistant Manager plans, assigns, directs or delegates work activities for other store level personnel. This position also performs human resources functions through rewarding staff for good performance on their shift, offers observations to the manager for acceptable or questionable performance from Team Members and will assist in the prescreening activities for candidates.
Qualifications Sought High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2+ years of related retail assistant store management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Solid experience and knowledge in the pet supply industry and pet/animal interest or background is a plus.
The Preferred Candidate Will Possess The Following:
* High level of flexibility and experience in a fast paced environment
* Outstanding customer service skills and experience with problem resolution to restore and promote good public relations. Greet and assist customers by describing merchandise and explain the appropriate use, operation and care of the product.
* Assist with training Team Members in store standards, policies, procedures and job responsibilities
* Assists with the interviewing process: Conduct phone screens, interviews and set up final interview for the Store Manager.
* Open/close the establishment - high level procedures
* Understand how to conduct a cycle count and adjust min/max levels accordingly.
* Use of sound judgment and discretion when dealing with HR issues maintaining confidentiality
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow-through to effectively manage work flow
* High level of organization skills with acute attention to detail * Support company and individual store goals and objectives * Exhibit leadership qualities to assist the Store Manager in maintaining a cohesive team. * Ability to work effectively both in oral and written communication * Exceptional listening and good interpersonal skills * Professionalism and high level of work ethics are essential * Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and able to adapt to other computer or internet applications as required. * Positive attitude, self motivation and fun sense of humor are essential. * Must be able to push, pull, lift, and move up to 50 lbs. on a consistent and frequent basis, up to 2,000 lbs. of product during a scheduled shift. * Must be flexible and be able to work days, nights and weekend shifts.
* Other responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
Company Description Chuck and Don's Pet Food Outlet is a chain of twenty stores in Minnesota and Colorado. Chuck and Don's are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our Elk River team.
Our store hours vary by location. Visit our website www.chuckanddons.com for Minnesota store locations and miscellaneous information, and to see all the pet products we carry.
We've been keeping pets happy since 1990!
Additional Information Local candidates only, Minneapolis/St. Paul and surrounding areas.
Candidates must complete the following process to be considered for the Assistant Manager position: * Submit your cover letter and resume * Complete a phone screen through this site
Thank you for considering employment opportunities with Chuck and Don's Pet Food Outlet